A Nationally Recognized Firm
No Fees Unless We Win! Call Us Today!

Mortgage Deferment Program

If you were negatively impacted by COVID, you may be able to request a mortgage payment deferment from your federal lender. Contact your lender for more information.


I'm Chris Boss with Boss Law.

I'm going to talk about some of the deferment programs being offered right now, especially the mortgage deferment program.

So, if you have a loan that is federally backed, which means it's owned by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac , VA, FHA, or USDA, you have a right under the CARES Act to request a 180-day or up to 1 year deferment - which means no payment, no interest, no principal, no taxes, no insurance - for up to a year.

What's amazing about this program is that it also has no credit reporting in terms of negative credit reporting.

So you won't be damaged if you elect to do the deferment.

So according to the CARES Act, you simply have to call your bank or loan servicor (who you make you payment to), and request it.

Unlike back in the day when you have to give financial statements and all this documentation, no documentation - you simply tell them that you have been impacted negatively by COVID-19.

So if you're having issues and a deferment of payment - which means no payments for 6 to 12 months - would really help your situation, please call your mortgage company and loan servicer today and ask them for the government CARES Act deferment.

If you have any questions, please visit our website.