St. Petersburg Creditor Harassment Lawyers
20+ Years of Collective Experience to Lend to Your Case
Are you dealing with creditor harassment? Are you receiving threatening or unwanted phone calls? Our creditor harassment attorneys in St. Petersburg are highly skilled and can provide you with the legal assistance you need to properly deal with agencies and debt collectors who do not follow the law. Let us help you defend your rights and stand up against abuse in St. Petersburg, Florida. Get in touch with Boss Law now and request a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Protection Against Debt Collector Harassment
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a federal statute that establishes how a debt collector can legally and appropriately deal with a consumer. This law also establishes the parameters in which a creditor can communicate with a consumer about their debts. If an agency harasses you by violating this law, in Florida you have the right to pursue sanctions against them and request a financial compensation. If a debt collector violates these boundaries, a consumer may be able to collect damages of $1,000 per violation.
There are many opportunities to seek compensation when a creditor harasses you in methods outside the boundaries set by the FCCPA and FDCPA. Just a few examples of ways your creditor might have harassed you include:
- Calling you before 8:00 am or after 9:00 pm
- Using, or threatening to use, violence against you
- Contacting you at work or school without permission
- Informing nonexempt third parties about your debt
- Asking you to pay more than you actually owe
- Using an auto-dialer program to leave a computer-generated message
- Using profane or threatening language
- Repeatedly emailing, calling, or mailing you after you expressly asked for limited contact
Call us today at (727) 877-3188 to stop aggressive creditors in their tracks with the help of our consumer protection lawyers.