St. Petersburg Fair Credit Reporting Act Attorneys
Committed to Delivering Excellent Legal Services for 10+ Years
There are times in life when minor errors are not a big deal, while there
are other cases when a single error could be extremely costly. In terms
of credit reports, the latter situation is unfortunately the case. If
your credit report contains any information that is incomplete, not up-to-date,
or simply inaccurate, you could be facing devastating consequences. Often,
applications for mortgages, educational loans, health insurance, credit
cards, or even employment are rejected because of erroneous credit reports.
This tragic scenario is usually not your fault, but of those processing
your report. This is why you need our St. Petersburg Fair Credit Reporting
Act lawyers to support you. Boss Law is at your side no matter what.
Call us today at
(727) 877-3188 to learn how our St. Petersburg attorneys can protect your rights related
to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Why Should You Hire a Credit Report Lawyer?
Did you know that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) found that one in
five credit reports were filled with multiple kinds of mistakes? Some
of these errors were so damaging that the victims of these error-filled
reports discovered that they were outright rejected from job applications,
mortgage requests, or credit requests.
Therefore, to protect consumers' rights, a federal law from the U.S. government
was established. Commonly known as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA),
any person who identifies information within their credit report report
that is wrong is able to dispute the errors and request that these mistakes
be either corrected or completely removed. If a creditor refuses this
request, usually because they do not have the time or resources to review
the dispute or investigate the error, your next step is to file a lawsuit.
Types of FCRA Damages That You Can Claim
You may be surprised to discover that there are actually multiple kinds
of damages which you can claim under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Some of the claims we have successfully litigated on behalf of our clients include:
- Accumulated economic loss, often created by being denied lower rates of interest
- Losing an opportunity for a job or being rejected from a career offer
- Being denied from an application for housing
- Facing termination from your place of employment
- Having applications for health, auto, housing, or other insurances denied
- Deteriorating health from stress, anxiety, and loss of sleep
- Lowered reputation among your colleagues and peers
- Humiliation and embarrassment in the office or among social and familial circles
- Decreased well-being and mental health
How We Can Help You With Your Dispute
When creditors or credit reporting agencies have made mistakes, they are
legally required to fix them once consumers have sent dispute letters.
However, if the credit reporting agency has simply ignored you, or outright
rejected your dispute letter, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf to
not only correct the error but to obtain justice for the damages you suffered.
We are also ready to sue for violations of the FCRA in scenarios where
companies actually pull reports without getting a consumer's permission,
either verbally or in written form. No matter the distinct case of injustice,
you can trust our St. Petersburg Fair Credit Reporting Act attorneys to
serve your case with determination and fervor.
Contact us now
(727) 877-3188 so that your consumer protection attorneys at Boss Law can handle all
of your disputes.